Monday, June 8, 2009

you remind me of home

I'm going back to work today, finally. I'm ready to see the kids and take Peaches for a walk along the Hudson. This weekend was exactly what I needed after a week on the couch.

I cleaned the apartment on Friday, which was cathartic to get rid of all the flu germs. We ate dinner at Stand and saw Away We Go, which was hilarious and heart felt. It rained a lot but the weather on Saturday was perfect for a cruise around Manhattan (thanks Kristin!) And yesterday we went to Renegade craft fair in McCarren Park which made me wish I had extra cash and was crafty myself. Kristin is planning on redecorating the living room which is amazing. I'm excited to continue making this apartment more of our own since we are staying here for another year. Then we went to church and ate a potluck dinner for the 4 year anniversary of Res Pres. It feels good to think of Brooklyn as home. 

It's pretty much impossible for me to think of living anywhere temporarily.  

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I think of Brooklyn as my home too. I wonder when that change happened? I'm happy it did.