Thursday, August 13, 2009

When it rains, it pours

That seems to be the theme for Summer '09. Of course there is the literal downpour New York has experienced since June, but this summer has also been full of traveling to and from the Hamptons, weddings, road trips, dancing, movies, and fun. My last semester of college was so intense with wanting to make good grades, nannying, and my internship. I think the summer tends to make me a little stir crazy.

But, now that only a few weeks of summer is left, it's starting to hit me that I am no longer a student. During finals in May, Kristin and Katie told me repeatedly that they missed college, late night study sessions, and the feeling of being accomplished when all was said and done. That made me so mad when I was the one up til 3 am finishing a paper and they were sound asleep. But I think I'm beginning to understand the missing, at least a little bit. I mostly want to do back to school shopping. I always enjoyed purchasing a new planner and finding favorite pens and highlighters. (I know Katie, Robbi, and Lauren understand) And I really wouldn't mind sitting in Dr. Jackson's office discussing charter schools, child phycology, or grad school options. 

We always want what we can't have. I have all the time in the world to do leisure reading that I was so excited about in May, and I'm still working through Everything That Rises Must Converge by Flannery O'Connor

3 comments:

danajoy said...

yes. we always want but we don't have. i want you :)

danajoy said...

what. i meant what we don't have ... i'm a dork.

Katie said...

I'm glad you aren't going back to school this fall, but I am ready for a little normalcy.